There will be a short meeting of the LYC Stockholders tomorrow, Tuesday October 18 immediately following the annual membership meeting. Depending on the outcome of the membership meeting, the stockholders may vote on a by law amendment. Also on the agenda is the need to fill three Board of Director positions for a term ending in 2019.
Election of 2017 Flag Officers is on the agenda. The candidate list includes:
Commodore – Mike Robinson
Vice Commodore – Tim Tibbits
Rear Commodore – Scott Hultman
Treasurer – Steve Miller
Secretary – Denny Lavis
In addition, nominations will be accepted from the floor.
A vote will also be taken on a proposed bylaw amendment that will shorten the length of time between when annual membership fees are due and when membership in the club is suspended for non payment. Currently the bylaws state that membership is suspended July 1following the April 1 due date for receipt of annual fees. The proposed amendment will shorten this to April 15 following the April 1 due date. The Board of Directors and membership committee feel this change is necessary out of consideration for applicants on the membership wait list.
Luci and Kaye announce volunteer opportunities for the October 8 Christmas
Dinner. They are looking for assistance in the following areas:
Clean up – requires a willingness to get hands soapy
Servers/ham slicer – requires a willingness to eat last
Dessert servers – requires a willingness to eat first
Drink ticket seller – need someone who will sell more tickets than are used
Money taker – requires an early arrival & ability to count and punch
Ice person – requires someone not too tall, not too short with good hearing.
If you fit the bill, please let it be known when you rsvp this coming week.
That’s about it for now.
Tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th, Gary and his crew are grilling Brats from 5:30-7:00. Bring a dish to pass if you would like. Donations are being accepted to benefit LYSS.
NOON, SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24
$5.00 per person
Michigan State vs Wisconsin Noon
University of Michigan vs Penn State 3:30
CHILI COMPETITION CATEGORIES: RED CHILI, WHITE CHILI, VEGGI CHILI
Exciting Prizes Awarded to the Champion in each Category
CORNBREAD-CHEESE-ONIONS-CRACKERS-SAUCE-SOUR CREAM-RICE; PROVIDED
JUDGING ENDS 3PM-OPEN EATING AFTER
RULES AND PROCEDURES
Ludington Yacht Club Chili Cook Off
Saturday, September 24, NOON
- Cook Off Contestants must furnish (1) one crockpot of chili with a serving utensil. No names may be visible on pot or utensil.
- Contestants must deliver chili to the LYC kitchen through the REAR DOOR ONLY between 10:30 and 11:30AM. Front door entries will be disqualified.
- Chili will be left with a kitchen Chili Team member once you have confirmed category and your chili has been registered.
- Three categories of chili will be judged- Red Chili (optional beans, meat, vegetables, etc), White Chili (optional beans, meat, vegetables, etc), Veggie Chili (meatless).
- Judging will commence at Noon, with 2oz tasting cups only, and tasting will terminate at 3PM or until the first pot of chili has been consumed.
- Cornbread, tasting cups, bowls, plates, eating utensils, napkins, onions, sour cream, cheese, crackers, hot sauce, rice and barf bags will be furnished by the Chili Team. NO FREE BEER.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Championship Chili in each category and all entrants.
- Full 12oz chili bowl eating will commence at 3PM after tasting has terminated.
- Each paying taster will be given a paper ballot and cast one vote for their favorite chili in each of the three categories.
- Contestants please send your name and chili category contribution to John Berend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO FREE BEER
LUDINGTON FIRE DEPT 1-800-TOO-HOTT